June Fest 2018 Literary Triptych.
- June Fest Short Story Competition in association with the Leinster Leader: Time to get tapping again to meet the deadline of Friday, May 11th for your 2018 short story entry. Once again the winning story will be published in the Leinster Leader. We are delighted to have the author and columnist Billy Keane as this year’s adjudicator.
June Fest Short Story Competition Rules and Regulations.
- Entrants must be aged over 18 years
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Short Stories:
- Can be on any theme.
- Must be in English, must each be between 1000-2000 words (that does not include the title).
- Must not show the writer’s name or any identifying marks. Please note stories submitted with the writers’ name or contact details will not be submitted to the judge!
- Must be typed, double-spaced on one side only of A4 paper, with pages numbered.
- Must be the original work of the entrant.
- Must not have been previously broadcast or published (in print or online).
- 10 Shortlisted names will be announced on the June Fest and Kildare Writing Centre Facebook pages, no less than 1 week prior to the June Fest literary Triptych. Shortlisted authors will be contacted by email.
- There will be a 1st and 2nd prize. The winners will be announced at the Writers lounge Open Mic in Johnsons Lounge, Newbridge, on Friday, June 15th from 8pm to 10pm literary event.
- The winning story will be published in the Leinster Leader.
- Entries will not be returned, so make sure you keep a copy.
- There is a €10 fee for each entry, which should be paid by cheque or postal order made payable to June Fest.
- Post your submission to ‘June Fest Writing Competition’, C/O Kildare Writing Centre, 23 Millford, Athgarvan, Newbridge, Kildare, with a cover letter stating the title of your story, your name, your email address and contact number and with the €10 Fee.
Your name and contact details must appear only in the cover letter and not the Short Story.
Closing date is the 11th of May 2017. Entries that are postmarked on that date will be accepted.
2. Creative Writing Workshop: Kildare Writing Centre is sponsoring a writing workshop for adults on Friday, June 15th from 12.00am to 2pm in the Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge. 10 places are available on a first come, first served basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book yourself in. Free event.
3. Writers lounge Open Mic: Established and emerging writers are invited to come along to Johnsons Lounge, Newbridge, on Friday, June 15th from 8pm to 10pm to share their work. All you need to do is get in early, get your name on the list, and then sit back and enjoy the magic of words while you wait for your turn. Free event.